Majestic Theatre Condominiums
The Majestic Theatre was opened September 16, 1907 by the Klein Amusement Company. The first feature film shown at the theatre was D.W. Griffith’s film “The Birth of a Nation” in 1915. The Majestic Theatre closed as a theatre in the 1950’s.
Over the years, the building was used as a factory, a warehouse and a church. The building was going to be renovated but in 1995 the roof collapsed and the building was demolished and redeveloped by SILVERMAN.
This landmark six-story theatre is now 45 condominiums featuring arched windows, plaster ornamentation, gabled marquee, mosaic tile and a decorative double-door entrance surrounded by the original iron gates.